Thursday, November 27, 2008

The trouble with PHCN

I thought that by now I would be able to have done a couple of posts on armored core 4: for answer, fallout 3 (which niyi so generously lent to me), and mega man 9. But, guess what? The power holding company of nigeria (PHCN) is not supplying us with electricity! In the last couple of days, we have had in total, maybe 20 hours maximum of light, most of it in the wee hours of the morning.

And I have been too broke to justify (or hell, even afford) the purchase of diesel for the generator. This all equals zero play time for me.

I would have used the opportunity to play some more etrian odyssey or bangai-o spirits, but the heat and humidity knocks me out before I can do anything fruitful.

Ah well, it did force me to sleep earlier and think a bit more about our upcoming podcast which is going to focus on first person shooters. It is a genre that I have had a very long relationship with, all the way from when I first played Doom at a friend's house to the late-night halo 3 games I participate in from time-to-time. It is oneof the genres that I can say I have some talent for, although I am getting a bit tired of fragging people non-stop. It's why I am looking forward to left 4 dead. The idea of an fps where you are part of a team where survival is paramount really appeals to me. It's also why I am looking forward to killzone 2.

Anyway, enough rambling. This weekend I am going to catch up on the gaming I missed out on as I finally have some money for diesel!

Look forward to my review of armored core and if I manage it, mega man 9 (just 4 more robot masters to go!). I am also working on playing through panzer dragoon orta and ikaruga again in preparation for a feature I want to do on my favourite genre, the shmup.


Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device

No comments: