Saturday, November 15, 2008

For Answer

Ok, before any of you get scared that I became a mecha pilot while you were not looking, what came before was a glimpse into Armored Core 4 Answer.

I got it recently for the ps3 when I went into Mega Plaza to see what the new games they had were. I wasn't planning on getting anything, but when I saw the case I couldn't resist.

I have been playing the game in small bursts over the past couple of nights and I finally came up against the signature NEXT (that's what they call the mecha in the game), White Glint. I was given a wing man to go up against it and had a blast.

The first three times I tried the mission I failed miserably, surviving up until the point when the lynx (the pilots of NEXTs) with me is killed.

But, once I got my head around the way I had to compensate for my craft against the white glint, I had a great fight and took him out in record time!

When I checked online I found out that there is speculation that the pilot of the white glint is supposed to be the player from the previous game - armored core 4.

Anyway, the fight inspired me to write about it and use it to experiment with a way of writing about videogames that is a bit more visceral (get ready to see more of that once I get my hands on left 4 dead, albeit not in-character).

I added a bit too many embellishments I think, and I will probably be focusing more on what 'I' felt as opposed to what the game character would have felt, but I am happy with it I guess. Let me know what you think.

Well, I haven't finished the game yet, but I am definitely having a blast and enjoying being a lynx for an hour or two at night. If you enjoy mecha games and are not bothered by slightly complex control schemes, this should be up your alley! It is also available on the xbox 360.
Sent from my BlackBerry wireless device

No comments: