Friday, July 11, 2008

Linkage

Okay, so it's been a couple of days. Got caught up with work and trying to sort out my IF game-in-progress. I think I need to set myself a deadline of some sort to at least have the first scenario done. I am also working on a post regarding a kind of manifesto of what kind of games I want to make under the 'some kill giants' moniker. I am also working on a review of Rescue the Beagles which is still on my hype banner.

In order to tide you all over until I am done with those, here are some interesting links from my RSS feeds and the web in general.

1. The Last Guy. This is an upcoming game for the PS3, and although I have no clue what the heck it is about and whether it is for the Playstation Network or a physical release, the teaser, and the name, has me hooked. The website itself is a mystery, but they just recently released a teaser vid showcasing something that I do not understand but like a lot! You can find that embedded below:



news via GamerBytes

2. Speaking of deadlines in game development, Codear is having a single-screen RPG competition. More details can be found over on the ludomancy blog, but basically, the competition is what it says on the tin. Design a single-screen RPG before the 15th of August. The owner of the ludomancy blog designed a single-screen RPG a little while back called Hunter RPG which you can find here.

I think I might try and enter this one and I already have an idea for one as well. Time to break out Game Maker.

3. And this, I found out via GameSetWatch. They have just released the free version of their annual career guide magazine. So, if you are interested in getting into the game industry, or just an interested observer, it is worth having a look at either online or via download.

That's it for now, but hopefully I should be able to deliver on my promised posts pretty soon.

No comments: